There are plenty of web pages that provide extensive links to internet resources in the areas of Biblical studies, linguistics, and translation. For this reason, we'll try to keep our list short and include key addresses that supply such links.
Other Bible Society and Bible Translation Sites
- United Bible Societies: Since Bible Societies are continually adding Web sites, go to UBS for the latest links to national Bible Societies.
- SIL International is involved in linguistic research, literacy work, and Bible translation around the world.
- American Bible Society
- Nida Institute: ABS's research and development arm for exploring new forms of Scripture publication, distribution, and use.
- Wayne Leman's Bible Translation Web Pages
Bible and Religion
- Internet Resources for the Study of Judaism and Christianity: From the University of Pennsylvania, this page has many relevant links, including links to links, reference, texts and translations, language, palaeography and textual criticism, archaeology, Christian history and literature, Jewish history and literature, Islamic history and literature, ecumenical organizations, course materials, libraries, journals, newsletters, series, and software.
- Resource Pages for Biblical Studies, focusing on the early Christian writings and their social world, including aspects of Bible texts, translations and related texts, biblical studies electronically published, aspects of the Mediterranean social world, and biblical studies and computer technology.
- Mark Goodacre's New Testament Gateway
- Wabash Center for Teaching in Theology and Religion: This guide to internet resources includes a list of online journals selected by the guide's editor, as well as an index to indexes of online journals and resources. Look under 2. Material types.
- The LINGUIST List: Not just links to web pages, but information on all sorts of linguistic resources.
- SIL's pages provides links to many translation and linguistic resources:
SIL Linguistic links: http://www.sil.org/linguistics/other_indexes.html
Arranged topically: http://www.sil.org/linguistics/topical.html
- SIL Translation links include translation networking sites, Bible translation organizations, training, online conferences, tutorials and bibliographies: http://www.sil.org/translation/nonsil.htm
- Resources for Translators and Interpreters from the Institut für Übersetzer- und Dolmetscherausbildung der Universität Innsbruck: http://homepage.uibk.ac.at/~c61302/tranlink.html
- Virtual Translator: More translation links. http://www.uvigo.es/webs/sli/virtual/front.htm